CORNER BAKERY CHOPPED SALAD RECREATION
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped finely
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 chicken breasts, grilled & chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced & cubed
- 3 slices crisp bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced & cubed
- ¼ cup House Dressing
1. Follow the cooking directions on bacon package to to cook until crispy
2. Grill 1 chicken breast fully & chop into cubes. Use can also my grilled chicken recipe or cut up a chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken.
3. Chop Romaine & iceberg lettuce finely.
4. Slice & cube avocado
5. Slice & cube tomato
6. Chop green onions into small pieces
Plate Finished Product
7. Place lettuce mixture in a large salad bowl, top with all toppings, add dressing
& toss just before serving.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I have always loved Corner Bakery's Chopped Salad & this is the closest I have come to recreating the salad. It is a very colorful & delicious salad that can be served as a side or eaten as a meal in itself.
Not much can be modified to come close to this recipe, but you can add or eliminate any of the veggies, proteins, or cheese to your liking.