WHOLE30 APPROVED ITEMS
My Favorite Trader Joes Approved Items
- Meats/Fish: Lean Meat options, great ground turkey, & some organic/grass fed meats. The only approved sausage I know is the Herb Chicken & the Spicy Chicken & they do have two types of prosciutto that are compliant. Check the frozen section for grass fed ground beef patties, grass fed ground beef, grass fed rib eye, & grass fed prime rib roast. Also they have season lamb chops that are compliant.
- Fruits & Veggies: A variety of veggies with organic options. I love the organic baby spinach, buttered lettuce, & arugula all a great price & good quality. Some of my other favorites are mini cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, avocados, mini apples in a bag, & they always have other great selections. Nicely packaged ready to cook items like pre-chopped butternut squash, carrots, celery, beets, onions, trinity, mango, pineapple, fresh berries, & peeled garlic.
- Nuts & Dried Fruit: Raw or roasted nuts, organic cashews, almonds, pine nuts, etc. (check labels, some have oils that are not approved). I haven't seen many dried fruit that doesn't have added sugars, so check your labels, but some of their freeze dried fruits, mango, banana, etc. are approved. The only raisins I could find approved are the Thompson Seedless Raisins. Trader Joe's also has their own fruit bars, Apple + Mango, Apple + Banana, etc. They only have two ingredients & they are pretty good. If you need an energy bar, a few Larbars are approved, Apple Pie, Cashew, & Coconut are a few.
- Pantry: Marinara sauce (green can only), extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, coconut oil (no spray oils, they are not compliant), vinegar, coco powder, capers, organic mustard, olives, canned tuna or chicken in water, roasted red peppers, artichoke, other canned veggies (read all labels).
My Favorite Costco Approved Items
- Meats/Fish: Costco has a huge selection of fresh meats but they also have grass fed ground beef and organic chicken at a reasonable price. I usually buy ground beef, chicken breasts, wild caught salmon, pork tenderloin, and flank steak.
- Fruits & Veggies: A variety of veggies with organic options. I love the pack of mini squash, they have good asparagus, french green beans, berries, lettuce, avocados are cheaper than most stores, and I love their chopped pineapple and mango but that may be seasonal.
- Nuts & Dried Fruit:
Raw or roasted nuts, almonds, mixed nuts, etc. (check
labels, some have oils that are not approved).
- Pantry: Marinara sauce, both Kirkland Brand and one other brand are whole 30 approved which is great because finding marinara sauce with no sugar added is not an easy task. Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, coconut oil are large but great price. Also my Costco recently stared carrying almond butter! :)