STONEFIRE GRILL LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 head fresh garlic, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Garnish: chopped Italian parsley
- Garnish: 1 lemon, sliced
1. Lightly salt & pepper the chicken breasts & place in 9-by-13 baking dish.
2. Peel & roughly chop garlic cloves.
3. Roughly chop basil.
4. Combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic, & olive oil in a medium bowl.
5. Pour sauce over chicken breasts & cover dish with aluminum foil.
6. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, this may vary depending on size of chicken breasts. When chicken is fully cooked remove foil & broil until chicken is browned, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with chopped Italian parsley & sliced lemon.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
Stonefire Grill half lemon garlic chicken lunch special please! At least one Thursday a month this delicious meal is a must. It also helps that Stonefire Grill is so close to my house I can smell it, literally, when I open the door. I wanted to recreate this dish but since I know how time consuming a fill roasted chicken can be, I went the easy route & used a boneless skinless chicken breast instead.
You can use this same recipe roasting a whole chicken or legs if you prefer dark meat. I love roasted garlic but you do not have to use an entire bulb especially if you pair up this dish with delicious Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes.