ROSEMARY TURKEY SAUSAGE LINKS
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, or 1/2 dry
- 1/2 teaspoon dry sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
1. Mix the ground turkey with the 5 following spices well by hand.
2. Roll about 2 tablespoons of the sausage mix into links by hand.
3. On a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, brown all sides.
4. When all sides are brown bring sausages toward the center of the skillet & slightly cover to fully cook through about 3-4 minutes.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I am not much of a breakfast person but I do like sausage links & bacon of course. So I decided to create a healthier version of my Dad's breakfast links.
This is whole30 & paleo approved but the recipe can be modified to your palate. If you like spicy you can add some red pepper flakes to this dish. You can serve these with eggs & sweet potato hash.