LEMON GARLIC GRILLED SHRIMP
- 1 lb raw shrimp, tail on & deveined
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 basil or parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 wooden skewers, soaked
1. In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic,
mustard powder, red pepper flakes, & herbs.
2. Add Shrimp & coat evenly with mixture. Top with lemon zest, salt, & pepper.
Place in the fridge & let marinate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
3. Using a small dish & a fork or a mortar & pestle, combine some lemon zest,
herbs, garlic, & red pepper flakes.
4. Top with olive oil a table spoon extra virgin olive oil & set aside while flavors marry.
5. Make sure you have soaked the skewers in water 20-30 minutes to prevent burning while cooking. Add shrimp to the skewers from head to tail in a C-shape, 4-5 shrimp should fit on one skewer.
6. Grill shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once he tails turn bright orange you can flip them to the other side.
7. Drizzle herb-oil mixture over the shrimp & serve with a lemon wedge.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love BBQ Shrimp & the best part is to cooks so fast & has great flavor. I normally make a similar shrimp with pasta, but since I am doing Whole30 this month I thought I would throw these on the grill just in time for a new summer recipe.
This is whole30 & paleo approved but the recipe can be modified to your palate. If you do not like spicy or are avoiding nightshades spices, remove the pepper flakes. If you like spicy you could always add more pepper flakes. If you would like to use melted ghee or butter instead of olive oil that works as well. I would still use the olive oil for the herb-oil cause it does pull nice flavor. You can also grill these on an indoor grill pan or even a non stick pan without the skewers.