TRUE FOOD'S KALE SALAD RECREATION
- 3-4 cups loosely packed kale, slice leaves and remove all midribs
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper. I prefer to blend in a food processor or small blender or whisk until well blended.
2. Add kale & cheese to dressing & toss evenly until all kale is covered. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving so dressing can settle.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
3. Put salad in a serving bowl & top with a small amount of cheese or bread crumbs.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I recreated this dish from a dinner I enjoyed at True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach. It is very refreshing & tasty.
If you don't like kale, the salad dressing can be tossed with any green.