- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1. Cut onion in half, then in fourths. Place onion flat on a cutting board, slice at an angle toward the center in small sections. Turn & slice thinly while holding the sliced sections together. Finally chop finely.
2. Rinse cilantro & dry with a paper towel. Cut off stems & chop finely.
3. Use a garlic mincer or chop one garlic clove finely.
4. Slice avocados into fourths, peel off skin, & drop into a bowl.
5. Using a fork & smash one piece at a time against side of bowl.
6. Add onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, & red pepper flakes. Mix ingredients together. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Plate Finished Product
Refrigerate & serve
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love avocados therefore guacamole is a must with any Mexican dish. I have tried several ingredients when making fresh guacamole & these basics are easy & delicious!
This recipe is Whole30 & Paleo approved. If you don't have fresh cilantro & garlic on hand I always suggest keeping the Trader Joe's frozen herbs, check out Products I Love, in the freezer, or you can use garlic powder. You can also use red onions or onion powder & replace the red pepper flakes with finely diced jalapeno.