BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
- Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish, pour BBQ sauce over the chicken coating both sides. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is done.
2. Remove chicken from dish & slice.
3. Slice the opposite direction into cubes.
1. Cut onion in half then in fourths. Face down on cutting board & slice in thin slices.
2. Slice mozzarella into thin slices.
3. Chop cilantro into small pieces.
PREP PIZZA DOUGH
1. Place dough in a bowl & drizzle a half a tablespoon of olive oil over dough & allow dough to rest for 10-15 minutes. When pizza dough is ready sprinkle flour on a flat surface, kitchen counter, table, or cutting board, place dough on the floured surface & roll out with a rolling pin, add flour as needed.
2. Spray a cookie sheet or pizza pan lightly with cooking spray, lay dough flat on pan, pour half tablespoon olive oil on dough and spread, & poke lightly with a fork 4-5 times.
1. Top dough with sliced mozzarella cheese.
2. Add sliced onions & chicken.
3. With a spoon drizzle BBQ sauce over pizza.
4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees & bake for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
5. Top pizza with cilantro, slice, & serve.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
The BBQ Chicken Pizza at CPK is my favorite item on the menu. The ingredients are simple & the finished product is delicious!
You can make your own dough or use a pre-made product. If you don't have time to cook chicken use a rotisserie chicken, chop the white meat into pieces, & coat with BBQ sauce.