STRAWBERRY & AVOCADO SPINACH SALAD
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4-5 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
1. Dice avocado, slice strawberries, & crumble cheese.
2. In a mixing bowl, gently mix together spinach, arugula, avocados, strawberries, cheese, & almonds.
3. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, & pepper. Lightly toss salad with dressing & serve.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I have made so many versions of this salad but this one is my favorite, quick, easy, & delicious. It pairs well with fish or chicken dishes & is wonderful for a pot luck & entertaining.
You can use any type of greens for this recipe, spring mix also works well. If you do not have strawberries, or if they are not in season, blueberries & raspberries also work great. Almonds are my first choice for this salad, but I have used pine nuts or pecans. If you want a sweeter dressing, add a 1/4 tablespoon of sugar or use candied nuts.