HONEY GLAZED GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup pure honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh salt & pepper
1. In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard, rosemary, garlic, & red pepper flakes.
2. Lightly cover pork tenderloin with salt & pepper.
3. Cover the pork tenderloin with the honey Dijon marinade.
4. Mince shallot & saute in pan with olive oil for about 3 minutes
5. After shallots are browned, add remaining honey mixture & chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
6. In the meantime, grill for about 20-30 minutes on medium-high heat, rotating the pork ever 10 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
7. After pork is fully cooked, transfer to a cutting board & let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Plate Finished Product
Add honey glaze & serve immediately
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love to BBQ & especially during the summer I love experimenting with new marinades. This dish is tender, juicy, & delicious.
There are many herbs that can be added to this marinade, rosemary, sage, thyme, etc. If you have white wine or cooking wine, add it to the glaze.