ROASTED SALMON WITH ORANGE THYME VINAIGRETTE
- Salmon Fillet, about 1/4 pound
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, orange preferably
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- coarse salt & pepper
- any salad greens
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl whisk the mustard & white wine vinegar.
2. Juice about 1 tablespoon of a fresh orange into the mixture.
3. Then add oil, onion, & thyme.
4. Place salmon fillets in a shallow bowl, spoon half of the vinaigrette over the salmon & top with orange zest. Let marinate for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
5. Place salmon on an oiled pan or line with foil & roast at 425 until salmon is almost cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6. While salmon is cooking, toss any greens, baby spinach pictured, with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide salad between two plates, top with orange slices if desired, & serve with salmon.
Plate Finished Product
7. Serve salmon right away alone or on a bed of rice.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
This dish is a fast, easy, & delicious meal that I love to cook on the week nights. Salmon is something I have been experimenting with & I believe any citrus is a good match.
Feel free to add or subtract any herbs from this dish. Personally I have only used lemon or original thyme for this dish in the past but recently I came across some orange thyme at a local market night & I had an orange so I figured why not try something new. Feel free to substitute the orange for lemon & classic thyme. Also, this dish would pair well with brown or jasmine rice (see products I love) quinoa salad, mashed potatoes, & almost any veggie.