- 3-5 chicken breasts, thin cut
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- salt & pepper
1. Put yogurt, tomato paste, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, & lemon pepper in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Salt & pepper the chicken on both side.
4. Coat both sides of each piece of chicken with the marinade. Cover & let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
5. Grill on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or longer if using a full size chicken breast.
6. Top with fresh basil & serve.
Plate Finished Product
7. Top chicken with garlic basil spread. Serve this dish with orzo rice pilaf, pita bread, & hummus.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I bought some garlic basil spread at a farmers market & was determined to come home & cook some Mediterranean chicken. You can make the spread & hummus from scratch or purchase it at the store.
There are many herbs that can be added to this dish, parsley, basil, or curry would be the best fit. I used a thin cut chicken breast but a regular chicken breast or thigh would work as well.