LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS & SNAP PEAS
- All purpose flour or almond flour
- 10oz, Chicken tenders, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 lb. snap peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut chicken tenders in half crosswise.
2. Spread flour on a plate.
3. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then dredge in flour.
4. In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken & saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
5. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan & reduce heat to medium. Add asparagus & saute for 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas; raise the heat to medium-heat. Season the vegetables with salt & pepper & saute for 1 minute. Add the broth & bring to a boil, stirring up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan & boil until the vegetables are almost tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
6. Chop fresh thyme & chives.
7. Add the chicken to the pan of vegetables. Add the thyme, chives, & lemon juice. Summer uncovered until the sauce thickens & coats the chicken, stirring almost constantly, about 2 minutes. Taste & adjust the seasoning.
Plate Finished Product
Garnish with thyme, chives, & Lemon zest
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I received a wonderful Williams-Sonoma Weeknight Cook Book as a gift & I just had to make this beautiful cover dish. Not only is it a fresh, fast, & colorful dish, it has two of my favorite veggies, asparagus & snap peas!
For Whole30 or Paleo approved use almond flour or skip the flour this will also make it gluten free. You can add any veggies to this dish, some good pairings would be broccoli, carrots, & green beans. You can also use some red pepper flakes to add heat to this dish.