CHICKEN SALAD CROISSANT SANDWICH
- 1 can chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 croissant
- 1 piece red leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Make Chicken Salad
1. Open chicken, drain/rinse with water, put in a mixing bowl & break into small pieces. Add chopped celery, onions, & cranberries.
2. Add mayo, onion powder, salt, & pepper. Mix all ingredients together until they are well blended.
4. Once chicken salad is ready use immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to make a sandwich or serve.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
4. Cut croissant open & spread with mustard or extra mayo. Place red leaf lettuce on the bottom of the croissant & scoop approximately 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken salad on top of the lettuce.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I have always hated tuna but liked the idea of a tuna salad sandwich. A few years ago I tried a sample of the canned white meat chicken from Costco with some olive oil, salt, & pepper, surprisingly it was better than I expected. This recipe is from a friend of the family, she uses rotisserie chicken, but the canned is so much easier to use & tastes just as good.
I have made many different types of chicken salad with canned chicken. You can add any type of nut, walnuts, almonds, cashews, pine nuts, etc. All veggies go well on this sandwich, I often use, romaine lettuce, cucumber, & tomatoes.