APPLE, GOAT CHEESE, ARUGULA, & PECAN PIZZA
- Pizza Dough
- cooking spray or oil
- 1/8 cup flour
- 2 cups sliced fiji apples
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1. Place pizza dough in a bowl and spray with cooking oil, let sit for 10-15 minutes. Chop apples into thin slices & chop pecans into small pieces. When pizza dough is ready sprinkle flour on a flat surface, kitchen counter, table, or cutting board, place dough on the floured surface & roll out with a rolling pin. Add flour as needed, & place on a oiled cookie sheet or pizza pan.
2. places apple slices evenly over pizza dough, top with cheese, & sprinkle with thyme. Preheat oven for 450 degrees & bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts & starts to brown.
3. While pizza is baking combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well blended.
Add dressing to arugula & toss evenly.
4. When pizza is ready remove from oven.
5. Cover pizza with arugula & sprinkle pecans evenly.
Cut, plate, & serve.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I found a recipe with feta cheese and almonds but since I had goat cheese and pecans in the house I thought I would try something new. The dressing is a bit on the sweet side but the pizza was good & healthy!
It would make a great appetizer at a party.
You could use other types of cheeses or nuts for this recipe. I used wheat pizza dough but white would work just as well. This is not the type of pizza you would reheat, so I suggest to eat it right when it is done or if you store it eat cold.