- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 can or cup root beer
- 1 bag Hawaiian or bread rolls
1. Place pork tenderloin, frozen or thawed, in a Crock-Pot slow cooker. Add BBQ sauce & root beer, cover, & cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours. Quick Tip - use slow cooker bags for easy clean up, see Products I Love for more tips.
2. When fully cooked, remove pork leaving liquid in slow cooker & shred into pieces using two forks. Place back into slow cooker to absorb liquids for 5-10 minutes, stir well, & strain out juices.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
3. Place on a serving dish & serve on bread rolls with extra BBQ sauce.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
This is a simple pulled pork slow cooker recipe my sisters & I have made for various events. It is great for entertaining, easy, & delicious.
There are many things that pair well with this dish. Sides I normally serve are baked beans, coleslaw, & corn bread. If you do not eat pork you can replace the pork tenderloin with chicken. Whole30 & Paleo compliant modification, use homemade approved BBQ sauce & water or broth in place of Root Beer. Also serve pulled pork on top of a slaw.