PESTO, TOMATO, PARMESAN, & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
- 2 pieces flatbread
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1-2 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 cup fresh arugula
1. Put a tablespoon on each piece of flatbread & spread evenly.
2. Place on a baking tray covered with foil.
3. Add thin slices of tomatoes evenly across each flatbread.
4. Cover each piece of flat bread with Parmesan.
5. Bake flatbread in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until
cheese is melted & starts browning.
6. Top each piece with fresh arugula & drizzle a little olive oil
over the top of the flat bread.
Plate Finished Product
7. Cut with a pizza cutter & serve warm.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
The last night on my Seattle trip I stayed at the Marriott by the airport. At the beautiful lounge sitting by the fire with a glass of wine I enjoyed a delicious flat bread. This is the closest I have come to recreating that delicious dish.
There are many things that can be added or removed from this recipe, just like toppings on a pizza. Other delicious toppings would be artichoke hearts, capers, Mozzarella cheese, or even some prosciutto would add a nice flavor.