EASY NO-COOK FONDANT
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb sifted powdered sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend together butter, corn syrup, vanilla & salt on medium speed with a paddle attachment until smooth & well-combined. To flavor, add extracts or oils during this step.
2. Add the powdered sugar all at once, & mix on slow speed, gradually increasing speed to medium until well-combined. The mixture should gather together in the bottom of the bowl & be smooth to the touch.
3. The fondant can now be rolled into balls to use immediately or stored for later use. Store in a cool dry place, wrapped tightly & placed in an airtight container.
4. To color, knead a small amount of your desired food coloring into the ball of fondant & work with hands until thoroughly combined.
5. Roll fondant out to a thin sheet on a thin cutting board or wax paper
& cut with cookie cutters.
6. When pieces are cut, use a food safe paint brush with some edible glitter or frosting to decorate.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love to decorate & be creative when I bake, but I have not been a huge fan of fondant, the process can be messy & time consuming. This no-cook recipe is a great way to be playful & original with your baking creations.
You can add any flavor or color to this recipe. Also use any type of design & technique.