MINI PECAN PIES
Pie CrustPie Filling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups pecans, chopped
(Preheat oven to 325 degrees & grease 24 tart tins or muffin cups and set aside).
1. In a medium mixing bowl cream together cream cheese & 1 cup butter until light & fluffy. Blend in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, forming a smooth dough.
2. Roll into 30 equal balls & press one into each greased tin so it lines the
bottom & sides, like a pie crust.
3. Or you can roll out the crust & use a cutter or cup to cut out circles.
1. In a medium mixing bowl cream together 1/4 cup butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs & vanilla until thoroughly blended.
2. Chop pecans into small-medium pieces.
3. Fill each lined tin 3/4ths full. Mixture will rise as it bakes.
4. Top each pie with a spoonful of chopped pecans & sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 325, or until lightly browned. Let cool in tins, then use the end of a table knife to flip each tart out of its tin.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love baking for the holidays & pecan pies are my Mom's favorite! I personally have never been a huge fan of pecan pies but there tiny treats are amazing. This is no skinny dish, but everything is good in modification :)
If you do not like pecans or have a nut allergy, you can always top with brown sugar & rolled oats as you would for a standard apple crisp topping.