- 1 fresh lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh orange, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups ice
- 2 quarts water
1. Add sliced lemon, sliced orange, & chopped mint leaving in a pitcher.
2. Use a wooden spoon to smash the citrus & mint together extracting juices & flavors.
3. Add ice & pour in water.
3. Fill with water & chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Best flavor is between 2-24 hours but can keep up to 3 days refrigerated & covered.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
There is nothing better than a great tasting natural water. No sugar or sweetener added, just fresh fruit & herbs.
There are so many flavored waters that can be created. Citrus is a great choice for a spring or summer dish. Others like raspberry & blackberry are great during the holidays.