RED SMASHED ROSEMARY GARLIC
- 1 pounds red baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, optional
1. On a baking sheet drizzle one tablespoon olive oil.
2. Place the potatoes in a large pot & fill the pot with enough cold water until the potatoes are covered. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring the pot to a boil. Continuing boiling, uncovered, until the potatoes are fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes more. Remove the pot from the heat & drain the water.
3. While they are still hot, carefully place the potatoes on the oiled baking sheet & give each one a good smash with a potato masher.
4. Drizzle olive oil on each potato & sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, & fresh rosemary.
5. Place potatoes in the oven on the top rack at high heat, 400 degrees or broil on high for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are browning & look crispy.
6. Remove potatoes from oven, plate, & serve while hot.
Plate Finished Product
Top with chives & butter
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
As much as I believe in healthy eating, I also believe some things just need butter! Red potatoes are such a versatile dish, I love mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, & roasted potatoes, so why not mix them all together & get a soft, creamy, smashed red baked potato that will melt in your mouth.
There are so many things you can add to this one dish to make it party worthy. These would work great for a potato bar with all kinds of delicious toppings. Sour cream, shredded cheddar, bacon bits, chives, broccoli, etc. They also make a great side dish for turkey burgers, pork tenderloin, or just some simple roasted chicken.