- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop parsley & basil.
2. Put first 5 ingredients in a food processor.
3. Blend to a rough paste.
4. Add olive oil in a stream while chopping until you reach the desired consistency.
5. Season with fresh ground pepper.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
Tapenade is mostly seen in South France & I had it a few times when I spent a month in Spain. It can be used as an appetizer, served with crackers, & crusty bread similar to a hummus or other dip. It can also be used as a condiment.
Tapenade is a puree of olives, capers, anchovies, & olive oil, since I am not an anchovy fan, I just used garlic instead.