BAKED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- 1-2 lbs fresh brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
CUTTING BRUSSEL SPROUTS
1. Cut off stems of the brussel sprouts then cut in half from top to bottom or quarter.
COOKING BRUSSEL SPROUTS
2. Place brussel sprouts in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes to bring
out the color & soften the sprouts.
3. Strain sprouts, lay them flat on a baking sheet lined with foil,
add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, & pepper.
4. Bake brussel sprouts at 475 degrees for 7-10 minutes, turn them once during cooking.
Plate Finished Product
5. Bake longer for crunchy texture & serve hot.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
The first time I tried these brussel sprouts was when my sister-in-law baked them at my parents house. The crispier the better in my opinion, they are simple, hearty, & healthy.