CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 (12oz.) pack of chocolate chips
1. Mix together flour, salt, & baking soda, set aside.
2. Cream butter & sugars together until light & fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Then add vanilla extract & egg, beat well.
4. Add flour mixture to butter & sugar mixture & mix well.
5. Add chocolate chips & mix in evenly.
6. Place a spoon sized balls of cookie dough on a greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on your oven it might even be 12 minutes).
Rotate sheets halfway through cooking time.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
Serve warm :)
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie. My Mom always baked us cookies from scratch when we were kids & still to this day her cookies always seem to taste better than mine even making the same recipe!
There is not much that can be modified when following a baking recipe. I used milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet & dark chocolate chips do bake better. I just like milk chocolate.