- 1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Put everything except the olive oil in a food processor.
2. Blend to a puree & add a little water if necessary to make it smooth.
3. Season with sea salt, ground black pepper, & top with olive oil & paprika.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
Hummus is one of my favorite healthy dips, I use it a lot in substitute of mayo for sandwiches & wraps.
MODIFICATIONSHummus is a Middle Eastern & Arabic dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. If you do not have tahini just leave it out of the recipe, no need to substitute it. You can flavor hummus in many ways, roasted garlic, roasted red pepper, artichoke, basil, cilantro, olive, etc.