SWEET POTATO MASH
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 3 oz butter or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1. Cut sweet potato in half & cut off peel.
2. Cube sweet potato into 3/4 inch cubes.
3. Put sweet potato into a large pot of salted cold water & bring to a boil. Boil for 10-12 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked through.
4. Drain & return the potato to the pot.
5. Mash while sweet potato is still warm, then stir in 3 oz butter, cumin, salt, & pepper.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
6. Spoon into a warm serving bowl & top with fresh chopped chives.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
There is just something about a warm dish of sweet potatoes that is so comforting at fall time. This buttery sweet & savory side dish is pairs well with beef, pork, & lamb. It is great year round but is always a hit around the holidays.
This is a Whole30 & Paleo approved dish when using ghee in place of butter. This is a more savory version of mashed sweet potatoes. To make it more of a sweet dish replace cumin with Cinnamon, & add brown sugar & nutmeg.