1. Place whole squash on a baking sheet, poke 3-5 times with a knife &
bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
2. Cut squash in half from top to bottom & cut off the ends.
3. Spoon out & remove the seeds from the center.
4. Now for the best part, using a fork, scrape the inside completely, from top to bottom, as you scrape the squash it magically turns into a spaghetti texture & is ready to go.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
5. Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce, some fresh basil, & serve.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love a good spaghetti night & there is nothing better than a healthy low cal version of a great classic dish. Spaghetti squash is a fun dish to cook & always turns out delicious.
Spaghetti squash is a very versatile dish, you can use so many different sauces & create fun weeknight meals. Pesto, turkey meatballs, a classic olive oil & garlic sauce, etc.